New online store for technical insulation lifts the legacy of the seasoned wholesalerAugust 1, 2022
1. may 2022
Insulize will become a 100% pure online shop for insulation professionals and plumbers working with technical insulation. The new online shop offers competitive prices, provides easy access to specialized knowledge, and introduces new, innovative product brands. The online shop will be the first dedicated to technical insulation.
A new online shop, Insulize.se, is focusing on one of the smaller sectors within the construction industry: technical insulation. With a 100% focus on technical insulation, the goal is to provide insulation professionals with a digital platform offering specialized knowledge and the same digital trading opportunities as those available to larger professional groups.
- We are witnessing a generational shift within the insulation and plumbing professions, which naturally have a closer relationship with digital tools. We asked the insulation industry if increased digitalization was of interest, and 80% responded that they wanted to try an online shop to simplify their daily tasks through digital solutions," says Thomas Dalsgaard, Division Chief for Insulize.
- We have successfully developed online shops for other professional groups, and we believe the time is ripe for a dedicated online shop specializing in technical insulation as an alternative to traditional wholesalers. This way, insulation professionals can access knowledge and place orders 24/7, year-round, exactly when it suits them.
Improved logistics and lower prices
The insulation industry comprises many smaller businesses where logistics and inventory management are crucial factors on a daily basis. With limited administration and smaller inventories, flexibility in ordering supplies is a topic that can provide greater freedom to address tasks at customers' sites.
With the Insulize online shop, insulation professionals gain a digital platform that can contribute to more efficient processes and lower prices for materials.
- For smaller companies, it can often be challenging to obtain competitive prices when purchasing in smaller quantities. We aim to change that. Our ambition is for insulation professionals to have equal access to competitive prices, and we believe we can offer this through our online shop," says Thomas Dalsgaard.
- Our ambition in logistics is to be closer to the insulation professionals' needs by delivering small quantities frequently. This way, insulation professionals don't have to buy in bulk to get the best price. Instead, with just a few clicks, they can order the materials they need online in the quantities they need right now, and the materials will be on-site when they are needed.
Introducing new brands
With the focus on a purely online shop, Insulize has also chosen to feature products from multiple manufacturers.
Professional insulation experts typically have extensive knowledge of the products available on the market, and with Insulize, they gain access to a technical platform that supports them with specialized knowledge and tools. It becomes possible to find alternatives to the existing products on the market.
- Being exclusively online provides the freedom to introduce cost-effective alternatives, and our goal is to have 2-3 suppliers for all major product categories. For instance, insulation professionals can initially choose between two types of mineral wool and two types of cellular rubber, but there may be more options within each category depending on our dialogue with customers, manufacturers, and demand," says Thomas Dalsgaard.
Insulize carries products from established, well-known suppliers but has also selected several innovative alternatives. Among the new high-quality products are mineral wool insulation from Rohhe and passive fire protection from Mulcol.
First of its kind online shop
Insulize is opening its first online shop in Sweden at the end of May, making it the first dedicated online shop for technical insulation.
Insulize – part of Beijer Ref
Beijer Ref is a technology-oriented trading group that, through value-creating products, offers its customers competitive solutions within cooling and climate control. Beijer Ref is one of the largest refrigeration wholesalers in the world and is represented in 41 countries in Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania.
Division Manager technical insulation including Insulize - Beijer Ref Denmark
Phone: +45 5267 9766
Mette Palk Christensen,
Communication and Marketing Manager
Phone: +45 5198 2061